Building or Renovating a Catcher's / Batter's Box
Use Diamond Pro® Mound/Home Plate Clay and Diamond Pro® Clay Bricks to Construct or Rebuild A Catcher’s/Batter’s Box. Here are a few general steps to get started:
- Carefully measure out the catcher’s and batter’s boxes using recommended dimensions.
- Cut out and remove all loose dirt from the high stress area surrounding the batter’s box to a depth of 3”.
- Place Diamond Pro® Mound/Home Plate Clay Bricks as evenly and close together as possible.
- Once the bricks have been placed, water the cut area. Tamp the bricks into place.
- Fill in the ½” remaining area with either the cut out loose material or with Diamond Pro® Mound/Home Plate Clay for the ideal surface.
- Level and compact the new surface.
- Add Diamond Pro® Infield Conditioner to the finished area for a professional quality playing surface.
For a step-by-step guide including field specifications:
SUBSCRIBE TO FIELD TIPS NEWSLETTER
Incorporating Diamond Pro into our infield has helped in the everyday maintenance and in building a reputation as one of the best infields in baseball.
— Trevor Vance, Head Groundskeeper, Kansas City Royals
Read what others had to say about Diamond Pro performance.